Participants & Registration:
- Open to all FIDE-rated players with a Standard (std.) rating of 1500 and above (as of 1st February 2017).
- Last day of registration & payment is 10th March 2017.
- Registration is only accepted online via the following link www.dubaichess.ae/do17-form/
- All participating players accept to fully comply with the regulations of the tournament and the organizer.
- All participating players and accompany persons accept to fully comply with the rules and regulations of the United Arab Emirates.
Number of Rounds & Time Control:
- 9 Rounds Swiss System.
- Time Control: 90 minutes + 30 seconds increment per move for the whole game.
- Delay Time: 30-minute delay will apply.
Entry & Related Fees:
A) Participation Fees:
- Based on standard (std.) rating & title as of 1st February 2017
|GM, IM with standard Elo above 2400 & WGM||
|IM below 2400, WIM, FM, WFM||US$ 50||AED 190|
|Players with a standard Elo of 2000-2399||US$ 100||AED 380|
|All other players with a standard Elo below 2000||US$ 250||AED 950|
- Entry fee is inclusive of tournament participation only.
- Additional fee is required for arranging an entry visa requested via Dubai Chess Club.
B) Visa Charges:
|Processing Visa Fee for all players (except invited)||US$ 50||AED 190|
|Processing Visa Fee of an accompany Person||US$ 100||AED 380|
|Additional charges for special requests such as:|
|a) Indian Citizens requiring “Okay to Board Confirmation”||US$ 10||AED 35|
|b) Uzbek participants requiring a “verification stamp” from the Embassy of The Republic Of Uzbekistan||US$ 15||AED 60|
- Entry fee and related payments have to be paid in FULL prior to the deadline (10th March, 2017) either in cash at Dubai Chess & Culture club or through Bank Transfer/ Deposit to the following Address:
|Dubai Chess & Culture Club||EMIRATES ISLAMIC||Hamriya Souq|
|Swift Code||Account Number*||IBAN*|
|Bank Address||Hor Al Anz – Hamriya Shopping Centre P.O Box 6564 Dubai, UAE|
- Kindly mention your FIDE Name & FIDE ID in your transfer and update the payment section in the online registration form.
- Kindly note that Dubai Chess Club’s Bank Account Number and IBAN have been updated As of 1st January 2017.
- Direct encounter
- Buchholz (lowest)
- Buchholz (highest + lowest)
- Great Number of victories